SOUTH CAROLINA HOME INSPECTION LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
REQUIREMENTS TO BECOME A HOME INSPECTOR
The first step is to understand the licensing or certification requirements for your state.
South Carolina Home Inspector License Requirements
Requirements to Become a South Carolina Home Inspector
- Home inspection education hours: 120 hours
- Exam Required: 1. NHIE OR South Carolina specific exam and 2. SC Residential Business management and law exam
- Application Fee: $80 (other fees may apply)
- Notarized application is required
- Background check required only with certain arrests/convictions
- Fingerprints are not required
- Social Security card and Driver’s License are required
- Minimum age requirement: 18
- Previous Experience: if applying without examination
Home Inspection License Expiration: 6/30 every two years (even)
South Carolina Home Inspector Continuing Education Requirements
- No continuing education is required for renewal
South Carolina State Licensing Board
Request Your Free Catalog & Get Started Today!
Learn more about how to become a home inspector, getting your home inspection certification, how to get home inspector jobs, and the average home inspector salary.